The Hellenic Heritage Foundation (HHF) is pleased to announce that we will once again be sponsoring five students across Canada, to take part in a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore their Hellenic heritage and reconnect with their culture through our partnership with the Heritage Greece program.
The Heritage Greece program is a two-week cultural and educational study abroad trip, open to exceptional North American college and university students of Hellenic descent, aged 18 to 26. The Heritage Greece program is developed by the National Hellenic Society (NHS) and hosted by the American College of Greece (ACG) and the American College of Thessaloniki (ACT).
The Heritage Greece Program will take place in two sessions over the months of June & July. Applicants must indicate the session they are applying for on the Online Application.
Session A Dates: June 10 – June 25, 2023
Session B Dates: July 1 – July 16, 2023
Heritage Greece participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to/from Greece. The American College of Greece (ACG) and American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) will be responsible for transportation while in Greece and assist participants with travel arrangements.
What to Expect:
- Experience Hellenic heritage, traditions, & culture with what will be lifelong friends
- A fully transferrable one-credit language & culture course
- Visit Greece’s treasure trove of archeological sites and learn from the experts
- Explore, connect, and enjoy Greece
- Spacious and fully modern on-campus accommodations
- Tuition, accommodations, meals, transportation while in Greece & learning materials borne by NHS
Heritage Greece is a proprietary program developed by the National Hellenic Society (NHS) as part of its mission to celebrate, preserve and disseminate Hellenic heritage in the United States. In 2019, the Hellenic Heritage Foundation (HHF) of Canada sponsored the first complement of Greek Canadian student participants. Once back home, participants remain engaged as part of the Heritage Greece Alumni Network, where they will continue to have access to further career advancing opportunities and mentorship as Heritage Greece Alumni.
WATCH THIS 60 SECOND PROMO VIDEO HERE for additional details.
To be eligible, students will need to:
• Be currently enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate postsecondary program
• Be Canadians of *Hellenic descent
• Be 18-26 years of age
• Have GPA of 3.0 or higher (B average or higher in Canada)
* Hellenic descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents, or great grandparents born in Greece or Cyprus.
Preference will be given to students who have never or have seldom been to Greece in the past.
Early bird application deadline: January 31, 2023
Regular application deadline: March 1, 2023
To submit your application to the 2023 Heritage Greece Program and to find out more, visit: https://www.acg.edu/admissions/study-abroad/heritage-greece/
To be considered for admission to the HHF – NHS Heritage Greece Program, you will need to complete the online application form provided above before the deadline, provide a letter of recommendation, provide a copy of your official or student issued transcript, and complete the Insurance Waiver Form. HHF scholarship recipients will be chosen by the HHF’s Awards Committee, based on their applications. Should you require more information or additional details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org