NHLRC is offering a self-paced, online certificate for language teachers whose classes include heritage language (HL) students, who have grown up in homes in which a language other than the dominant societal one is spoken and have enrolled in a class to study that language.
Five modules cover:
• Key concepts and Pedagogical Approaches in Heritage Language Teaching
• Understanding and Meeting the Language Needs of Heritage Language Learners
• Differentiated Instruction – Responding to the Needs of Individual Learners
• Strategies for Teaching Mixed Classes
• Principles of Project-Based Learning
Digital badges and certification available.
For more information about course format, topics, pricing, and registration, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.